Linda has been involved in Albion’s community engagements since she was a child. Her experience within the community and continual actions demonstrate a strong commitment to serving both the City of Albion and its community of residents who come from a wide variety of backgrounds. After graduating from Albion High School in 2009, she attended Michigan State University where she received her Bachelor’s degree in Interdisciplinary Social Science with a Concentration in Community, Governance, and Advocacy. Throughout endeavoring in her higher education, she would dream of applying what she was learning in her hometown.
Linda is currently:
• Founder and CEO of Chez LaNoue, a project management and consulting business dedicated to meeting the needs of communities by putting people first in all matters related to business, governance, and personal development.
• Master in Community Development Candidate from the University of Detroit Mercy – December 2020 Graduation.
• Co-Founder of Operation X Albion – local activists working to promote the value of young people contributing within their community and generating awareness of young entrepreneurs.
From 2017-2019 Linda served on the City of Albion’s board for the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) as the board secretary. Linda recruited downtown residents for a citizen’s council and coordinated community outreach to survey Albion’s residents for the DDA’s Development Plan Update in 2019.
Linda coordinated the following multi-layered projects in Albion as a project manager between 2017-2020:
• Albion’s selection in Project Rising Tide – Community Economic Development Fellowship between Dec. 2018 – March 2020. Learn more at AlbionMich.Net/Project-Rising-Tide
• Albion-Marshall Resilient Communities Project (AMRCP), which was open to the public and brought together all residents and families that were able to participate. The goal of AMRCP was to intentionally discuss the barriers between Albion and Marshall, specifically racism and classism. The project also created opportunities to focus on the possibilities for shared success as a newly annexed school district. Feb. 2017 – Jan. 2019.
Between 2016-2017, Linda participated in:
• Build Albion AmeriCorps VISTA Initiative, where she helped create:
- 2017 Albion Forward Survey
- Marshall Middle School (MMS) Weekend Food Program
Linda also managed Albion’s Recycling Center and supervised the Marshall Middle School Intervention Room in 2016. She enjoys serving people directly to learn firsthand about complex issues that impact people’s lives.
Prior to returning to Albion in 2015, Linda worked for the Michigan Department of Transportation’s CEO and State-wide Title VI Coordinator for a combination of three years in the department’s executive office. She was told that her transcripts from MSU were the standard for hiring a student assistant in the Civil Rights Program Unit. Linda graduated from Michigan State University in 2013 after studying interdisciplinary social science, concentrating in community governance and advocacy.
Visit LinkedIn.com/in/LindaLaNoue to learn more about Linda’s professional and educational background.
This page has been Authorized by Linda LaNoue.
Paid for by Linda LaNoue for Albion 5th Precinct, P. O. Box 851, Albion, MI 49224